Muddled Weekly: May 16-22, 2016
- Playing with pillows on floor will result in bloody noses. A LOT OF BLOOD.
- Names are important. They can make little man most insecure and scared that he will live somewhere else. Read post: What’s in a name?
- Little man learned how to feed the goats plenty of dandelions. Making great use of this unwanted (but delicious goat treat) weed.
- We had our first experience of discussing death. An unavoidable experience by living on the farm. Beloved guard dog, Pinky, was hit by a car this week chasing off pesky predators. She was a great guard dog, and you could just see in her soul that this duty was an honor for her. She fulfilled her life’s purpose easily but little man, and all of us, are certainly mourning the loss of her presence with us here on the farm
- The farm dynamics are all out of whack but in a pinch, border collies can step up to protect the property and the goat herd when necessary, albeit a little haphazardly.
- We had an unexpected discussion around gun safety. Based off his detailed description, it’s safe to say he has witnessed violence with guns on the street and at home when he was with his birthparents. Including playing with a real gun. Let me remind you he is 3. I assume you already know what I think about all of this.