Muddled Weekly: August 29th – September 4th
- We got a court date. September 21st and the adoption is finalized!
- Trauma Trigger Discovery: thin noodle spaghetti noodles.
- Just like when summer rolled around we are seeing a change of trauma triggers with the season. At times this week he has been almost unrecognizable in behavior and attitude. I’m hoping I start to catch on to this round fast because it has been unbelievably hard to manage.
- He left a turd on the bathroom floor. Yes, 0n purpose. He peed on purpose twice this week too.
- He has started to use a stuffed animal almost like a babydoll and this is the first time we’ve seen this type of imaginative play at home. He talks for “Mr. Chipmunk” and gives him a squeaky voice (fitting). He was cautious and kept checking to see if that was okay. So now I say goodnight to Mr. Chipmunk and that’s okay with me.
- One day he was rocking with me and he looked longingly out the window and out of the blue said, “I don’t like my birth mom.” Clearly there is a lot of processing going on inside his little soul and all I can do is support him, show up, and be the best mom that I can be in that moment.